Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wedding Shopping!!!!

So, as promised, we went shopping yesterday for the wedding.  The morning began by getting up at 6:00 to leave by 6:30 to be at Target before they opened at 7.  Mission accomplished.  Jacob and I left before mom and dad to secure our spot in line- 2nd in line to be exact.  I felt like that lady in that old Mervyn's commercial standing outside the doors of the store with her hands waving saying, "Open open open...".  Let me tell you, I had my mind and heart set on those silver and purple ornaments and I was not above throwing elbows if needed.  The lady at the first of the line decided to take her sweet time sauntering through the entry way and I just mall walked right past her.  I got to the Christmas section and started grabbing stuff off the shelves as I passed them.  Truly a talent.  Before we knew it, we had filled 2 buggies with merchandise.  I mean FILLED them.  We had to stop and do inventory and put back various things that we didn't need but grabbed anyway because they were the right colors.  This is the final purchase:


After Target, we ventured out to Garden Ridge because of a rumor about lots of purple and silver Christmas decorations.  That's pretty much what it was- just a rumor.  Not a lot of purple stuff.  Jacob saved the day however- he found glass ball ornaments in packages of 24 in the exact color we needed on the back of a huge display.  Well, all of the reachable ornaments were either the wrong color or they were broken.  So, being the shopping engineer that I am, I decided to crawl back into the shelves that back up to the display and sit in the middle of the display and go through the packages.  It was quite a sight.  I'm pretty sure I scared a little kid pretty bad who was putting something back for his mom and saw me.  We ended up getting some cases of broken and not broken ornaments and combining them into complete unbroken sets.  Quite smart if you ask me.  Sorry to whoever is left with the cases of completely broken ornaments.  We needed them for the wedding- sorry.


The good news about this shopping trip was that we got the majority of the decorations.  Actually, that's really good news.  And- because we're going to have an overabundance of silver and purple ornaments, I'm thinking about attaching little thank you notes to them and having people take one as they leave the reception as part of the party favors.  Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment