Saturday, January 2, 2010

Reception- CHECK!

Well, good news blog readers- we have a reception venue!!  We visited the Chateau at Forest Park this afternoon.  It's pretty much the coolest thing you've seen in a long time.  Think old white barn on the outside and fantastic space on the inside.  The room was set from a New Year's Eve party so we got to see it semi-decorated.  The tables obviously weren't my colors, but we used our imagination and it was awesome.  The dance floor is covered with paper lanterns.  Before you judge, I thought it had the possibility of being a little on the cheesy side, but once I saw it I loved it!  Pictures don't do it justice:


The blue shades of lanterns will be replaced by purple shades.  :)

Also, on that long wall on the left of the picture they are going to put up lights in the shape of snowflakes- truly winter and I love it.

All in all, the search for the ceremony and reception site wasn't as painful as I expected it to be.  I was prepared to stay up day and night worrying about it....and now I'm not going to have to!  Yessss!








No comments:

Post a Comment