Thursday, June 3, 2010

For Snuggles....


PUT ME TO REST





Time to let me go my friend,


Because my life no-one can mend,


Its better to let me go this way,


Than watch me suffer night and day.





I'm happy to go, my time has come,


My quality of life is no longer fun,


Ive been so ill, so its not a bad thing,


To let me go forever resting.





Stay with me till I drift away,


Fast asleep forever I pray,


To relieve me from suffering and pain,


What more can I ask from my best friend.





Don't be sad, I'll be free from pain,


Never to be ill ever again,


I know you'll miss me being there,


But all the memories you have to share.





Thankyou for being my best friend,


And all my needs that you did tend,


Try not to be sad, try not to cry,


Now's the time to say goodbye...


We're going on 48 hours and it's still not any better.  I still cry at the drop of a hat.  Gah why is this so hard.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry friend. I hate that your family is going through this. Praying that you will know the nearness of the Lord and the comfort of His peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Kristen! It takes time, I know. That is a beautiful poem. Just know that you have so many precious memories that will last forever! Muah!

    ReplyDelete